3.06.2013

Top Japanese Restaurants in London

Are you tired of having cold sushi with the hard rice inside? Are you tired of the same old Katsu Curry and Teriyaki stuff?? Are you tired of soups that just taste like tasteless water???

Forget YO Sushi and Wagamama's  (...for like a sec, cos I know they are yummy places)

And read about my favourite Japanese restaurants!

Koya

A few weeks ago, on a Saturday night I had a dinner date with my friend at Koya, Soho, London. Koya is small and compact authentic Japanese restaurant where you can find the best tempura, udon noodles and soups. Being my second time having a meal at Koya, you would think that I'd try something unusual and interesting that appeals to me because I've been there before. But no, I chose the exact same meal as before. Even though it was months and months ago that I went for the first time, I could still taste that crispy prawn tempura, slowly melting in the hot refreshing soup. Mmm...

If you are ever in the area of Central London, freezing your butt off, and feel like your fingers, toes and nose are going to fall off then waddle yourself into Koya so you can warm up with a tempura soup you'll never forget.



Tokyo Diner

Before my dad and I went to see that new Spiderman film. We always, religiously, go and find somewhere to eat first - so we don't pig out on popcorn and ice cream in the cinema. So we found this place on the corner of Chinatown that looked quite special. 

We have this theory that if you see Japanese people eating in a Japanese restaurant, then you know it's a good Japanese restaurant. Right?

It was probably the most authentic Japanese restaurant I've ever been to because they told us as a Japanese tradition they do expect tips. Any tips left mistakenly would be taken to the Homeless centre. As a student you'd be pleased to hear this, but I'm not gonna lie, the prices of meals seemed as if the tips were added on by itself. 

The menu was jam packed with a wider range of meals all popping out at me. I usually order chicken teriyaki meals, as a safe bet in Japanese restaurants that I'm unsure of. As I knew this place was authentic as it gets, I decided to choose something that I knew the taste of - so I would know the difference between real and unique, and chain restaurants. 

I've never tasted such a fresh chicken glazed in mouth-watering seasoned teriyaki sauce before. Just look at the picture, you can even see how good it looks.

I haven't been there since, but from what I remember they give you great portions of food, miso soups with meals, gallons of  Jasmine tea and heaps of goodness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

why not?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...