9.08.2013

"It's a celebration of the elegant woman; she's becoming an endangered species," - Prabal Gurung - NYFW S/S 2013

I'm trying to stay up-to-date with all these Fashion Weeks ahead. So firstly, we start of with New York Fashion Week. I've been spying on some Tommy Ton candid street style, and all I can say, these fashionistas are taking sophisticated sportswear to the max. I can tell that the trends for spring/summer next year we will still be sporting the athletic attire.

However, Prabal Gurung is showing a different story. He wants to bring back elegance. And I don't blame him! His collection blends an opulent Marilyn Monroe-esque 50s woman with the 21st futuristic female. Patterns of beautifully sketched roses are screen-printed onto plastics creating a high-tech effect and modernising elegance.

His influence, I'd say, is Gaga meets Marilyn. Fluorescent meets pastel. Harshness and daring meets beauty and grace. The grace is shown by the perfectly draped dreamy satin of pastels. The bold cuts and structures of the garments enhances the futuristic element.

This is the first collection of Prabal Gurung that I've seen - yes, I admit it. And I will confess that I have already fallen in lurveee.

I wonder what is next to see for the rest NYFW... I'm way too excited.





(all images taken from Style.com)




No comments:

Post a Comment

why not?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...