6.17.2012

Beastie Boys : Outfit Day



" Beastie Boys know how to let the beat,

mmm...
DRRROOOP"


Beastie Boys. My boys. I started listening to their music about two years ago, and I was hooked on the first beat. Seriously.  The first song that I loved instantly was Intergalactic, it blew my minnnddd within the first few seconds. I laugh and love their witty, hilarious and complete silly raps and rhymes, "I'll stir fry you in my wok" and "I like my sugar with coffee and cream". 

They will always be the odd, immature and insane white boy rappers that changed the look on rap. They so cleverly fused hip-hop and rap and rock and punk. Complete opposites, yet sound incredible together. 

It's a shame that people my age don't really know about Beastie Boys and only think about Eminem whenever they think of white rappers. Though, Eminem said it was the Beastie Boys that heavily influenced him to start rapping. 

Therefore, this post goes out to MCA, a member of Beastie Boys who has died recently. You'll be truly missed, but never forgotten. Stay rocking in the afterlife. Rock in peace. 








(mine: instagram, tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment

why not?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...