4.22.2012

Carmen: LDR

3 hours ago my current love Lana Del Rey posted her new music video for 'Carmen'. Surprisingly, it is a quick release of another video after just releasing the remake of 'Blue Jeans'. 

'Blue Jeans' and 'Born To Die' are the typical music videos you would see nowadays, whereas 'Carmen' and 'Video Games' (also the original 'Blue Jeans' video) are short clips of  edited old film effect footage. I must admit, I love both types. The music videos ones have a plot, a fantastic and haunting storyline. It's great to see that Lana can act so tastefully and not that irritating over the top acting. It shows her versatility in artistic approaches - she knows how to stand out from all the other same old common music videos. However the short clips of film music videos shows that she is also a talented film maker. Truthfully she doesn't need to make those typical seen-before music videos - it's just refreshing to see something retro without being cliché. 

In my opinion, 'Carmen' tells a story about a girl who is known to be the hottest, coolest and the most popular girl known. "The boys, the girls. They all like Carmen"  Carmen is that typical girl that all girls want to be; her life seems so perfect on the outside... (I'm sure we can all name a girl we know like Carmen) but deep down there's something dark and troubling about her, "She says you don't wanna be like me..."

It's probably the song on the album that I listen to the least, nevertheless, it's still a beauty.





My new found favourite pictures of Lana. By my favourite, Terry Richardson.






2 comments:

  1. Love her kind of music :) The Video for born to die is lovely! Watching the new one now! :D I just did a post on her too :)

    fashionqueen2944.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of favourite singers at the moment
    Love the pictures xx

    www.styleandbeautie.com

    ReplyDelete

why not?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...